Saturday 23 September 2017

Alexander Devol


Today I share some of the beautiful creations and wisdom of Alexander Devol of 'Wood Woven'.

"I believe in a simple, honest approach to design where aesthetics and utility are intrinsic. There is a distinct and individual quality in well made, slow made, and hand made things which begins with the story of their making and continues on with each use.  The pieces I make, are intended to be more than just utensils, they mellow with age and make the otherwise mundane tasks of scooping, stirring & sipping handsome & homely.I find there is an inherent comfort and pride that comes from making things, but also in living with objects which have been made with care and time. 
When I drink coffee from hand made pottery I like to think of the clay as it was being thrown, I imagine the maker, the workshop, the mug taking shape.  When I drink from a paper cup I think of nothing." Alexander Devol






No comments:

Post a Comment