Tuesday 30 May 2017

Alice Marie Cairns


Also from the Duncan and Jordanstone College of Art degree show was the work of Alice Marie Cairns who has graduated in silversmithing. In creating remarkable vessel forms Alice has also had to make 'tools' that resembled spinning tops.
"Within my body of work, I have designed and created a collection of contemporary vessels, which I hope to be aesthetically and functionally stimulating. Creating a tactile collection, derived from the hands on the making process that is so important to me. Through my designing of various vessel shapes that are not necessarily seen as conventional but hopefully adventurous and challenging I hope that I have been able to push the boundaries of silversmithing. With this challenge, I had to design every aspect of my making process including tool making which has become a prevalent part of my work." Alice Marie Cairns 




No comments:

Post a Comment